In Master Chef Club we made Lemon Drizzle cake. I thought it tasted very good and is fun to make so why not share it with you all!
225g unsalted butter , softened
225g caster sugar
finely grated zest 1 lemon
225g self-raising flour
For the Drizzle Topping
juice 11⁄2 lemon
85g caster sugar
1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
2. Line a loaf tin (8 x 21cm) with greaseproof paper, then spoon in the mixture and level the top with a spoon.
3. Beat together 225g softened unsalted butter and 225g caster sugar until pale and creamy
4. Then add 4 eggs, one at a time, slowly mixing through.
5.Sift in 225g flour and mix until well combined
6. Add the finely grated zest of 1 lemon and mix until well combined.
7. Bake for 45-50 mins until a thin skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
8.While the cake is cooling in its tin, mix together the juice of 1 1/2 lemons and 85g caster sugar to make the drizzle.
11. Leave in the tin until completely cool, then remove and serve. Will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days, or freeze for up to 1 month.
I hope you enjoy this sweet cake like I did!